Is it when:
– Memorization is forced versus actually understanding why things work the way they do?
– Exam dumps are available if someone wants to cheat bad enough?
– A X times certified job applicant cannot land a position with no project experience?
– An interview occurs, and the job applicant thinks “that question wasn’t on the exam”.
– Previously 1 cert got someone’s foot in the door, then it turned to 2, and then 3, and now…?
– A candidate reaches out to a recruiter and the first 5 words they say are: “I’m a X times certified…”
– The number of certifications being available increases each year causing dilution?
– An employer decides not to offer additional compensation or job responsibilities because someone added another cert to their tool-belt?
– A multi-million (or maybe billion) dollar industry focuses on creating and attaining more certifications?
– Someone on the job knows that Googling is how they achieve results, rather than what they answered on a previous exam?
Are we at a point to change and focus on what’s valuable in the job market (especially to newcomers)?