If you’re making it to the Salesforce Career Fair this year, do you have a solid game plan in place?
Or are you going to wing it?
Some thoughts (to not wing it):
– Create a shortlist (maybe 6-8) of potential employers
– Identify why you are interested in them (this question could come up)
– Maybe this list should be those that are a little less known so you can avoid all the competition going after the same firms
– Can you find out who specifically will be there ahead of time? And is there anyone in your network that
might be able to do a warm intro for you prior to that day? Recognizing your name could play to your benefit.
– Could you curtail your resume for each of the employers that you’re interested in that specifically aligns to their company values, mission statement, customers/industries they serve, products/services they sell?
– Is there anything happening within the company in the news, company/employee growth, M&A, financially, etc. that you can bring to their attention to ask about?
My guess is that it will be somewhat chaotic, you might not get as much time as you would like, can you stand out?
You have ~10 days to prepare.
Prior preparation prevents poor performance.