1. Strangers (Hiring Managers)
2. Trust (Theirs not yours)
3. Education (Theirs not yours)
1. Stranger: A person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar.
Question: Does the hiring manager know who you are?
2. Trust: A firm belief in the character, strength, or truth of someone or something.
Question: Does a hiring manager trust you can do the job?
3. Education: A body of knowledge acquired.
Question: How does the hiring manager know you can do the job?
The more time and effort you can spend educating (aka showing, telling, guiding, expressing) to strangers what you’re capable of, the more trust is built.
Question (maybe a little cold-hearted): If you think certifications alone builds trust, why aren’t you being considered?