Maybe you find some of this relatable to your job search or your career in general.
* Amateurs stop when they achieve something. Professionals understand that the initial achievement is just the beginning.
* Amateurs think they are good at everything. Professionals understand their circles of competence.
* Amateurs see feedback and coaching as someone criticizing them as a person. Professionals know they have weak spots and seek out thoughtful criticism.
* Amateurs give up at the first sign of trouble and assume they’re failures. Professionals see failure as part of the path to growth and mastery.
* Amateurs don’t have any idea what improves the odds of achieving good outcomes. Professionals do.
* Amateurs focus on identifying their weaknesses and improving them. Professionals focus on their strengths and on finding people who are strong where they are weak.
* Amateurs focus on tearing other people down. Professionals focus on making everyone better.
* Amateurs think disagreements are threats. Professionals see them as an opportunity to learn.
Link to the full list of 25 below. The above were my favorites.