1. Do I need an advantage(s) when compared to others to have success? If so, what are they? Talent, effort, education, background, personality, connections, all, none.
2. How likely am I to succeed? Why do I feel that way?
3. How significant is the payoff?
4. Is there an opportunity cost? Could/Should I be doing something else with my time? If so, what?
5. Do I have the right support system and encouragement to succeed? Are they actually helping or just blowing smoke?
6. Will I learn something about myself if I fail? Can I apply those lessons elsewhere?
7. When should I decide on a different path? Do I/Should I put a hard date in place? Am I starting to feel the financial pinch?
8. Will I be happy if I succeed? If so, why?
9. Am I utilizing my time as effectively as I should towards this path? If not, what else should I be doing instead?
10. Do I feel any momentum whatsoever or am I just consistently treading water?
These are not intended to discourage, but they are meant to be real, to try and help ensure you understand the landscape and personal well-being.