In the article below, 6 answers could do more harm than good when it comes to interviewing, as it may show poor relationships with others and lowers the emotional intelligence bar.
- “My talents weren’t put to good use” -> comes across as your last company let you down
- “I don’t feel challenged” -> demonstrates that you’re blaming your employer
- “I’m looking for a different experience” -> casts a shadow on your previous position
- “I liked my manager, but…” -> using “but” casts a negative impression
- “I’m a hard worker who gets things done” -> shows individualism rather than team collaboration
- “I’d like your job one day” -> unrealistic and a bit of arrogance
Some of these might be a bit of a stretch regarding why they’re bad, and I know I’ve used a few before, maybe you have too.