Both candidates and employers often dread interviews.
Candidates often feel like they’re being checked out as if they’re a racehorse at an auction having a spotlight shone on their weaknesses.
Employers often challenged with posers, prima-donnas, and arrogant candidates to determine if they can overlook the personalities to handle the tasks they need help with.
2 errors an employer looks to avoid:
- Hiring the wrong candidate to later find out later they cannot do the job.
- Not hiring the right candidate, and instead have them go to a competitor.
2 important questions an employer is looking to have answered:
- Can they do the job?
- Can they get a long well with the other employees?
2 important areas a candidate is looking for:
- Can they accumulate additional offers before making a commitment?
- Can they use those to help in the negotiation?
- Employer to send out as few offers as possible
- Candidate to get as many offers as possible
Full article on this subject below