This is about as annoying as it gets, IMO. Employers, please don’t do this (this way), I see nothing but smoke and mirrors and a lot of potential ticked off candidates with a recruiter stuck in the middle.
I received a job order yesterday (from a new employer) stating the salary was $120k.
I then go back and asked about the bonus structure.
Their response: actually the salary is 90% of the 120k, with a bonus structure of the other 10% after 12 months of employment.
It’s funny how they left that critical part out of the initial job req.
In good faith, I’ll assume they were waiting for me to go back and ask as I wait patiently with popcorn and soda.
Be careful candidates, always understand the full compensation up front before proceeding. If the recruiter doesn’t know, it’s their job to find out.
It appears that Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, David Blaine, and Criss Angel have teamed up to help some employers write job orders.