Do you feel that your professional patience has increased as you’ve moved further along in your career?
Realizing most of the time things are not within your control.
Areas such as:
– Waiting for the decision regarding if you’ve received the new position.
– Going back and forth with a less experienced colleague until they “get it”.
– Giving those who are attending a meeting a few more minutes before hunting them down.
– Understanding that the stakeholders might have other priorities and those probably aren’t the same as yours.
– Comprehending that an instant email, phone or text response doesn’t mean they will never respond.
– Allowing others to speak and share their perspective before rushing to cut them off.
I think having more professional patience can bring more calmness to you and those around you, and an area many of us can continue to work on.